Tuesday, August 17, 2010

i love ikea


Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8


Found some fun stuff at Ikea this weekend! I think the candlesticks are very simple and sweet and loved it with the white candles, but they also had purple and green in exactly our colors so that could be an option too... I also loved the boxes because I think they may be perfect for simple centerpieces, especially if we do family-style seating (which is what we're leaning towards at this point). I think we could incorporate both by using the boxes to create small groups of people within the longer table, and cluster the candlesticks around the boxes and/or spread them out a little bit more. For the boxes, we were thinking about either planting plants in them that would flow down the sides of the box OR "planting" 3 candles in each box (because 3 is a perfect number for anything in life) then packing moss in and around the candles in the box. The moss could also continue along the table to make a bit of a table runner and we could place random pillar candles of varying heights along with other fun "enchanted forrest" type things in the moss as well.... Liking this, my mind is racing ahead as I'm writing!

Throughout this last weekend my mom and I mulled over a TON of different ideas, especially for the tables/centerpieces, and I think the above ideas may be the best so far because it is SIMPLE. I'm all about it, let's see how long it sticks for : ) Also one last little teaser, I found an AMAZING grouping of inspirational pictures on a certain DIY website and am thinking that I'm going to use at least 3 of the ideas for bouquets, boutonnieres, and more.... I'm going to be a bit secretive with this one because it is so rad that I would rather everyone be surprised at the wedding. As time goes on I will share a bit more and will for sure spill the beans if we ended up going in a different direction with these certain elements. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment